- Similar Tours
VISITING Kranjska Gora, Vrata Valley and Pericnik Waterfalls, Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Mount Vogel, Velika Planina, Kranj, Klagenfurt, Predil Pass, Kozjak Waterfalls, Skocjan Caves, Ljubljana, Crnava Lake, Velesevo Valley, Krvavec
WEDNESDAY, 26TH AUGUST| We will meet at the airport at 5.00am for our direct Air Malta flight to Ljubljana departing at 7.00am. Upon arrival we will proceed to our 4-star hotel, Ramada Hotel & Suites in Kranjska Gora to leave our luggage (check in is afternoon) and we will start off our stay by familiarizing ourselves with this winter and summer resort set near the borders with Austria and Italy and touching Triglav National Park. We continue with an optional half-day excursion taking us to Vrata Valley and the Pericnik Waterfalls. On the way to Vrata, we will first make a stop-over at Pericnik Waterfall. We will later continue towards Vrata, where, after a short walk, we’ll come out of the forest to a breathtaking view. This is definitely one of Triglav’s most beautiful viewpoints. We will then return to Kranjska Gora and check in in our rooms.
THURSDAY, 27TH AUGUST | Today, our optional full-day excursion will take us to explore the town of Bled, known as the pearl of the Slovenian Alpine region. We will be visiting Bled Castle (extra) and then we shall proceed to Bohinj, the largest glacier lake in Slovenia, situated in the region of the Julian Alps. We will take a cable car (extra) up to Mount Vogel and admire the stupendous view as we reach the summit.
FRIDAY, 28TH AUGUST | Today, our optional full-day excursion will take us to Velika Planina and Kranj. We will first visit Velika Planina, a dispersed high-elevation settlement made up mostly of herders’ dwellings on the Karst Big Pasture Plateau in the Kamnik Alps. We can board a cable car (extra) and get to enjoy some stunning views. We will later proceed to Kranj, a picturesque town situated on a rocky prominence between two alpine rivers – Sava and Kokra.
SATURDAY, 29TH AUGUST| We will board our coach for a full-day optional excursion and cross over to Austria visiting Gerlitzen Alpes and Klagenfurt, one of Austria’s prettiest old towns. First, we shall board a cable car trip up Gerlitzen Alpes (extra) for some stunning views! Later, we will proceed to Klagenfurt, which has been awarded the prestigious Europa Nostra Diploma for its restored arcaded Renaissance courtyards. The Neuer Platz is dominated by the Lindwurm, a winged dragon, which is the emblem of the city and was modelled on the dragon of a local legend.
SUNDAY, 30TH AUGUST| Our full-day optional excursion today will take us through Predil Pass and towards a Beekeeping house, where we will learn about their methods and also enjoy a tasting of their products (included). This will be followed by a lovely Barbeque in this incredibly beautiful setting (drinks and lunch included). We will then proceed to Kozjak Waterfalls, nicely set through a gorge where we will first cross an interesting wooden suspension bridge whilst admiring some more stunning views (the walk to the waterfalls is easy to moderate, however the last path to the waterfalls does not have any handles to hold on to).
MONDAY, 31ST AUGUST | Our full-day optional excursion today takes us to Skocjan Caves (entrance extra). Ranking among the most important caves in the world, the Skocjan Caves represent the most significant underground phenomena in both the Karst region and Slovenia. After exploring the Caves, we will make our way towards Ljubljana, the capital city of Slovenia. This friendly city has a baroque section of the old town, with narrow cobbled streets nestled between the castle slopes and the river Ljubljanica.
TUESDAY, 1ST SEPTEMBER| Today, we will go on a full day (optional) excursion stopping first at Crnava Lake, very beautiful lake located in the village of Preddvor, north of Kranj. We will have a relaxing morning surrounded with picturesque nature and later we make our way to Velesovo valley to visit the church. The Velesovo Monastery, a Dominican convent, was founded by the Patriarchate of Aquileia in 1238, but was damaged in 1471 during an Ottoman raid. The Baroque church of the monastery was erected in the second half of the 18th century upon the plans of the architect Candido Zulliani . It contains the oldest Medieval statue in Slovenia, the Velesovo Madonna, dated to ca. 1220. The statue is a painted wooden Romanesque sculpture about half a meter tall . Our last stop will be Krvavec, where we will take the chairlift up to the mountain and we will experience a full day of fun and surprises followed by a snack and animation for all generations.
WEDNESDAY, 2ND SEPTEMBER| This early morning, we will check out of our rooms and start driving towards Ljubljana airport for our Air Malta flight departing at 9.45am and arriving in Malta at 11.45am.
Price per person
* Special Price
- Adult in Triple €599/499€*
- Adult in Twin €639/539€*
- Adult in Single €779/679€*
- Child sharing with 2 adults €449/€349*
- Half Board (7 dinners) €119
* Special price applies when half board & all excursions are taken
- Return Air Malta direct flights to Ljubljana airport
- 7 nights in 4-star Hotel Ramada Hotel & Suites or similar in Kranjska Gora
- Rooms with private facilities & TV
- Daily breakfast
- Return airport transfers
- Services of tour leader
- Airport taxes and service charge
- Insolvency Fund
- Vrata Valley/Pericnik Waterfalls €36/€18
- Bled/Bohinj/Mt Vogel €41/€21
- Velika Planina/Kranj €37/€19
- Gerlitzen Alpe/Klagenfurt €40/€20
- Beekeeping, BBQ and Kozjak Waterfalls (includes Bee Keeping House, lunch & drinks) €58/€38
- Skocjan Caves/Ljubljana €43/€22
- Velesevo Valley/Crnava Lake* €37/€19
All excursions are guided by an English-speaking guide
*price of this excursion includes the ticket of the chair lift, snack and drink, animation & degustation of traditional products.
Not included in the price:
- City tax of €3.13 per person per night (from 18 years upwards) is to be paid directly at hotel
- City tax of €1.56 per person per night (from 7-18 years) is to be paid directly at hotel
- Bled Castle €10.50 Adults/€4.50 Children
- Mt Vogel Cable Car €17 Adult/€12 Children
- Gerlitzen Alps Cable Car €13.20 Adults/€8 Children 6-14 years old (to mid-station)
- Velika Planina Cable Car + Double seated lift to reach Settlement €15 Adults/€11 Children 6-14 years old
- Skocjan Caves €20 Adults/€10 Children
- Lake Bled Pletna Ride €15 Adults/€7 Children
- Vintgar Gorge €10 Adults/€3 Children
- Kranjska Gora Sledging/Chairlift €11 Adults/€8 Children
- Kozjak Waterfalls €3 Adults/ €3 Children
* All above prices are subject to change
Due to health protocols all groups will be limited to a maximum of 30 persons. All the relevant safety precautions and health protocols have been checked for buses and hotels being used in this tour.
Booking conditions apply as original Summer 2020 brochure.